Transfer Station


The Castleton Transfer Station located at 393 Staso Road serves all of Castleton and Hubbardton. A new permit is required each year on July 1. The permit fee for the first vehicle is increasing beginning 7/1/2019 from $30.00 to $50.00. The second vehicle permit is $20.00. A third vehicle remains the same at $10. Permits are valid from July 1 to June 30 of each year. For questions about fees or recycling call (802) 468-3005.  If there is no answer, please leave a detailed message and a phone number. The Transfer Station is staffed by two full time employees.

To use to the Transfer Station, you must own property in either Castleton or Hubbardton and have a valid Transfer Station permit affixed to your vehicle. Vehicle permits are available for purchase at the Transfer Station for Castleton residents and at the Town Clerk’s Office for Hubbardton residents. Bag stickers are available at the Castleton Transfer Station, Hubbardton Town Clerk’s, Prunier’s Market, Beverage King and Castleton Deli. The fee is $20 for a sheet of 10 or $2.00 per sticker. For a sheet of $1.00 sticker the price is $10.00.   Temporary day passes are $2.00 and can be purchased onsite.

The transfer station accepts all forms of payment.

Additional Recycling Resourses: 

Department of Environmental Conservation:  Vermonts Universal Recycling Law and Solid Waste Management Program  


Learn more... Please watch the video on universal recycling.