View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
State Dispatch: (802) 468-5012
Resource Information & Personal: 211
VT Emergency Management: (800) 347-0488
State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC): (800) 347-0488
American Red Cross Shelter Coordinator: (800) 660-9130
HAZMAT Hotline: (800) 641-5005
How to Reach Us
CAN YOU SURVIVE FOR 72 HOURS?
Emergencies and disasters can happen anytime: with or without warning; man-made or natural; affecting few or large numbers of people; cover a wide area or be very localized; severe, life-threatening to many or inconveniencing only a few; long-lived or of short duration. Preparing in advance for the unexpected makes sense.
Get Ready NOW.
Only YOU can prepare the plan that adequately accommodates your circumstances and needs.
Individuals, households, businesses, and communities should always have up-to-date disaster plans and kits. The specifics of these depend on the age and capacity of individuals involved, where folks are at any point in time (home, work, school), other roles anyone might be called upon to play (fireman, law enforcement, medical personnel, town official). It may be necessary to be familiar with the details and expectations of several emergency plans to assure that you act/react most appropriately in a disaster.
The Family Emergency Preparedness Workbook, available at the Castleton Town Office or from VT Emergency Management, is an excellent reference. This booklet provides ready-made checklists and other valuable suggestions that you and your household can adapt to your personal circumstances.
At a minimum:
- Know emergency plans at school and work;
- Develop a Family Communications Plan;
- Create a plan to shelter-in-place and put together a Family Disaster Kit- water and non-perishable food for three days, battery powered radio, flashlight, First Aid Kit, whistle, filter masks, manual can opener, essential medicines for seven days;
- Create a plan to get away (evacuate) and learn alternate routes should main roads be closed;
- Speak with neighbors about their emergency plans and how you can help each other during a crisis.
Other Relevent Links: